Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, ebook (or not?)

Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) One of the number one Google searches that bring people to my blog is my old comment back in September 2009 where I said I would like to see Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)in ebook format! 

Since so many people seem to be looking for this information, I decided to ask Scholastic via their website if/ when it would become available as an ebook.

This morning I received a disappointing email response:
"At this time, we do not have any plans with ebooks or kindle.
We truly appreciate learning of customer reactions to our products and promotions and have forwarded your comments to our corporate headquarters in New York.
We thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us."

 Darn it!  So what can we do?  I plan to keep clicking "I'd like to read this book on Kindle"  - as I have also been doing for the upcoming Mockingjay (see sidebar to the right!) and I'll just step it up & try to contact Scholastic HQ too.  Join me at least with the easy clicks on Amazon!  Let's try to get the whole series on ebook sometime this year!

4 comments :

  1. I was just looking for this book for my Nook and am bummed to see that it's not available in e-book format! I've put a hold on it at the local library. I wonder why Hunger Games is available in e-book by Catching Fire is not? Strange. Thanks for getting an answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually know the publisher for that series (we grew up together). I can ask her about e-book format tomorrow. BTW, I think publishers make more money leaving the book in hardcover for a while. Especially if it's a bestseller. If a friend REALLY loved you, they would scan each page and ebook it themselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Anon, what did she say? Are we going to get an ebook of Catching Fire and Mockingjay?

    p.s. I wouldn't ask anyone to scan either for me. I respect fully the authors great work and won't be pirating any of it. If most books aren't in ebook format, I won't bother with them - there are tens of thousands more to read. This series is good enough to make me buy it in paper format though, which I did right away with Catching Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. found one

    http://professional-ebooks.blogspot.com/2009/10/catching-fire-by-suzanne-collins.html

    im pretty sure its the whole book the beginning and end are correct

    ReplyDelete